Busy Lizzie Plans is going green!
- Our custom designed envelopes are 100% recyclable
- Our mailers for larger items are made of recycled kraft cardstock and are 100% recyclable
- Our padded mailers for larger items are 100% eco-friendly and can be recycled
- Our purple tissue paper can be recycled and composts well
- Most of our cellophane bags are 100% compostable*
*compostable cellos will be marked with a cute little leaf sticker
- Stickers - check with your local recycling depot to see if these can be recycled (every jurisdiction is different!)
- Journaling/Thank you Card - 100% recyclable
- Rewards card - 100% recyclable
- Washi - 100% recyclable
- Sticker Albums & Reusable Sticker Books - the combination of materials in these products makes them difficult to recycle. The sticker-release paper in the Reusable Sticker Books is coated in silicone and is not recycled by most depots
- Die Cuts (matte paper only) - 100% recyclable
- Vinyl Decals - Unable to recycle due to adhesive
- Reduced trips to the post office (via driving) by purchasing stamps and a scale. Instead, Lizzie and I walk to the postal box a couple of blocks from home.
- Shopify offsets our carbon footprint as part of their platform.
- Smaller amounts of "on hand" sticker stock means less waste.
- Ordering from local Canadian companies and ordering as many supplies at a time as possible to reduce emissions during shipping.
- Switched to an eco-tank printer that can be refilled with ink from a recyclable bottle instead of a single use mixed plastic cartridge.